BELIEFS (IN A NUTSHELL)
Sharing Jesus and Building People
We believe that a holy, gracious and loving God has provided for our salvation through the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ, so that His new covenant people, the church, can live a life of the future through the power of the Holy Spirit as we await Christ's return.
We believe we are to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and to share Him with the world.
We believe as Christians we are to love our neighbor (all people) as Jesus Christ loves them and build them up into the image of Christ, so we all think, speak, and act like Jesus.
The Expanded Version
Here are Bible-based statements that serve to explain our beliefs and values as a Christian ministry, bringing clarity and unity to this family of worshipers.
- We believe in the plenary-verbal inspiration of the accepted canon of scriptures as originally given. The scriptures are infallible, inerrant and the sole and final authority for all matters of faith and conduct (2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 2:13).
- We believe in the eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as one God existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe in the creation, test and fall of man as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness (Romans 5:12,18).
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born by the Virgin Mary, very God and very Man (Luke 1:26-35; John 1:14-18; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6).
- We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and personally appeared unto His disciples (1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Romans 4:25).
- We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation and personal, literal and bodily coming again the second time for His Church (John 14:2,3; and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins (Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12,22; Romans 5:11).
- We believe in water baptism by immersion in the name of the eternal Godhead in order to fulfill the command of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:34-36; 19:1-6).
- We believe in the operation of the gifts and ministries of the Spirit as enumerated in 1 Corinthians 12-14 and Ephesians 4, as manifested in the early Church.
- We believe in the Baptism in the Spirit and Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as expressing the true Christian faith (Ephesians 5:18; 2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1).
- We believe in the table of the Lord, commonly called the Communion or the Lord’s Supper, for believers (1 Corinthians 11:28-32; Matthew 26:26-28).
- We believe in the reality and personality of the Devil and eternal judgment in the Lake of Fire for the Devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:14-15).
- We believe in the eternal life for believers (John 5:24; 3:16), and eternal punishment for the unbelievers (Mark 9:43-48; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10-15).
- Discipleship. We exist to make disciples who will make disciples who will make disciples. The purpose behind all we do at Living Stone Church stems from this conviction. Each one can reach one. Our corporate times, our small groups, and our outreaches are all designed to create an atmosphere, community and environment where discipleship is both purposeful and a natural outflow of our Christian walk.